Subject: Re: [Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work
From: "Lothan" <[email-masked]>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 01:26:27 -0500
List-Id: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco.maltedmedia.com>

Arrgh... posted on the wrong thread.

Search for ansi2knr for one possibility. This one runs on Linux and 
allegedly has been ported to other platforms as well.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Michael Furman
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:39 PM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: [Coco] Converting ANSI-C to K&R(Microware) - Ansifront didn't work

I'm still hell-bent on getting a screen editor that works over serial/telnet 
on my coco, and vi-like would be the best. I have PVIC that compiles for the 
coco but the binary is too big to fit in memory and run (The binary is 77k)

I thought about using Busybox's built-in VI.  Turns out someone already 
pulled it out as a standalone: http://freshmeat.net/projects/virus  This 
compiles and runs fine on my Mac but it's ANSI-C so need to translate it to 
compile on the Coco.  I tried with Ansifront and the program is so big it 
blew Ansifront's mind and ran out of stack space and memory.  Is there 
another way to convert ANSI C to K&R C automatically?  My searching on the 
interwebs found no hits-- all the hits were K&R to ANSI.  I don't care what 
OS it runs on (Linux/Windows/Mac/Nitros9)   Also the ansifront instructions 
say to run "c.prep" first, which leads into my second question....

The ansifront documentation mentions "Version 2.5 of CC" and I do see this 
on RTSI.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers on how to 
cobble together the most recent C environment that runs on Nitros9, which 
libraries and Cprep to get to go along with this...

--
Coco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco 

--
Coco mailing list
[email-masked]
http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco